- ASRock X99 Extreme6
Nowadays we have a problem of choice because we are living in society of total consumption and this process gives a negative effect. Simple customer has a problem of a lack of information. And we have a superb 24/7 support system where you can get more information about our products, terms, delivery system and much more. You know that computers are being applied in all spheres of society. Simple customer has a problem of a lack of information. And we have a superb 24/7 support system where you can get more information about our products, terms, delivery system and much more. We are living in the epoch of great technical progress and we are sure that new technologies are our future. You know that computers are being applied in all spheres of society.
The ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1 is a top mid-range motherboard for the new Intel high-end “Haswell-E” processors, based on the LGA2011-v3 socket. It includes three PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots, ten SATA-600 ports, eight USB 3.0 ports, three USB 3.1 ports, a SATA Express connector, and a high-end audio codec. Let’s take a good look at this board.
The Intel X99 platform supports the new socket LGA2011-v3 processors. However, it is not compatible with former socket LGA2011 CPUs, which require motherboards based on the Intel X79 chipset. The main difference between the two platforms is that LGA2011 processors are compatible with DDR3 memories, while LGA2011-v3 CPUs can use the new DDR4 standard.
The main differences between the X99 and the X79 chipsets, besides the CPU support as mentioned above, are the number of USB 3.0 and SATA-600 ports: the X99 offers ten SATA-600 and six USB 3.0 ports, while the X79 supports only two SATA-600 ports and has no native support for USB 3.0 ports.
ASRock X99 Extreme6/3.1 include:
· Socket: LGA2011-v3
· Chipset: Intel X99
· Super I/O: Nuvoton NCT6791D
· Serial ATA: ten SATA-600 ports controlled by the chipset (RAID 0, 1, 10, and 5)
· External SATA: one eSATA-600 port at the rear panel (shared with one of the internal SATA-600 ports)
· USB 2.0: seven USB 2.0 ports, two on the motherboard rear panel and five available through two headers and one type-A connector on the motherboard
· USB 3.0: eight USB 3.0 ports, four on the motherboard rear panel and four available through two headers on the motherboard, all of them controlled by the chipset, using one ASMedia ASM1074 chip to double the rear panel ports
· USB 3.1: one type C USB 3.1 port at the rear panel, controlled by one one ASMedia ASM1142 chip and two type A USB 3.1 ports on an expansion card, controlled by another ASMedia ASM1142 chip
· On-board video: no
· On-board audio: produced by the chipset together with a Realtek ALC1150 codec (7.1+2 channels, 24-bit resolution, 192 kHz sampling rate, 115 dB SNR for the outputs, and 104 dB SNR for the inputs), on-board optical SPDIF output
· On-board LAN: two Gigabit Ethernet ports, one controlled by an intel i218v chip and one controlled by an Atheros AR8171 chip
· Power supply required: EPS12V
· Slots: three PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slots (working at x16/x16/x8 with a 40-lane CPU or at x16/x8/4 with a 28-lane processor), two PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots, one mini-PCI Express slot, and one M.2 PCI Express x4/SATA slot
· Memory: eight DDR4-DIMM sockets (up to DDR4-3200, 128 GiB maximum)
· Fan connectors: one four-pin and one tree-pin connectors for the CPU cooler, and one four-pin and three three-pin connectors for auxiliary fans
· Extra features: support for TPM, two BIOS chips, two-digit POST diagnostics display, and power, reset, and clear CMOS buttons,